Another week has gone by, and now is a great time to showcase some of the best stories from the past week. While this won’t be a weekly occurrence, it is a good time to present links I’ve liked over the past week. If you follow me on Twitter, you’ll also find some of these links.
Photo by m o d e
Please comment to let me know any links you’ve enjoyed recently.
- Why Social Media is Important for Business [Video] – Many businesses still don’t get social media, and then there are those that don’t want to get anywhere near it. This video explores some of the ways businesses can utilize social media.
- 5 Minuses of Social Media That Could Kill Your Freelance Business – Great ways to avoid freelance “fails” when it comes to your social media efforts. Many of my readers are freelancers, so this is a great post.
- 4 Ways to Use Social Media Cues to Engage People – A great post on how you can better engage your visitors.
- Best of 2009 in the Blogging Industry – A look at some of the trends and paths blogging has taken in the year that was 2009.
- Blog Writing Tips from the World’s Most Famous Authors – Some great quotes and tips from the greatest authors, which can inspire you to create fresh, new content.
- 6 Powerful Reasons Why Everyone Should Have Their Own Blog – Confidence and opportunities are the two biggest reasons I found on the list that you can use to determine why you should create your own blog. Click the link for more reasons.
- How to Manage Expectations with Your Blog Readers – Communicate effectively with your readers in order to gain insight into what they are looking for, and meet your personal goals along the way.
- Why Entrepreneurs Shouldn’t Write Business Plans – Businesses evolve, so why should you waste your time writing a business plan that isn’t up-to-date a week after you write it?
- Fun Stats About the Web – A few interesting facts that can help you gain some true insight into what services are being used around the web. It’s pretty stunning when you read that just 2% of all sites have both a Twitter and Facebook link on their site; just 5% have either a Twitter or Facebook link.
- How to Brainstorm Brilliant Ideas for Your Blog – Inspiration for those of you who have recently had difficulty writing on your blog.
- Yahoo! Will Kill MyBlogLog Next Month [Possibly] – Another giant (Yahoo) shutting down a service it paid $10 million for. Just two years after the purchase, the site looks to be cut in order to reduce costs at the search giant.
- Relocate Upload Organizes Your WordPress Uploads – A simple, but effective tool for separating where you upload WordPress files to on your server.
- Creating and Launching A Linkbait in 4 Easy Steps – Some great tips on how to create linkbait, a type of post many hate, but is still one of the most effective for gaining exposure and traffic.
- 5 Low Cost or Free Social Media Monitoring Tools – Some great tools that can be used to monitor how well you are utilizing social media/networking on the web.
- How to Find Your Voice as a Blogger – A few basic tips from others on how you can find and develop your voice as a writer.
- 69 Services and Resources for ProBloggers – A “quick” look at some resources that can help you attain the “pro”blogger status.
- How to Make Money Without Selling Out – You don’t have to plaster thousands of ads across your site in order to make money!
- Top 10 Firefox Add-ons for WordPress Users – A list of some useful extensions/add-ons for Firefox lovers.
- 15 Tips to Get More Comments on Your Blog – Useful tips to help you increase the number of comments left on your blog.
- 5 Types of Articles You Can Write At the Year-End on Your Blog – As the year comes to a close, you can find some great ideas contained within this post.
- 10 Quick Tips to Boost Your Blogging Skills (Part 2) – Some useful tips that will essentially guarantee that you will see some level of success in your next blogging venture.
- Growing Your Blog’s Editorial Team – Grow your blog beyond a small team to one that generates more frequent content using these tips.
- What to Do With Clients When You’re Sick – Sometimes you can’t avoid being sick, so here are some tips that you can use to tell your clients that you’ve had to push the work back a few days.
- Productivity Tips for Bloggers form a Best-Selling Authors – Useful tips from a professional writer for being more productive.
- Managing Fast Growth in a Startup – Tips for those of you who may want to grow your blog beyond a simple site.
- 6 Unexpected Events that Can Take Over a Web Worker’s Life (and How to Deal with Them) – I shouldn’t need to explain this one.
- Fear of Bad Ideas – Hurry, generate those bad ideas – the good ones will come!